Loom & Leaf Mattresses:
1) How are your mattresses constructed? Our mattresses are built using progressive layer technology. Layer by layer: support base, transition loft Pad, 5lb. visco-elastic memory foam, gel-on-gel cooling layer, and organic cotton w/ quilt package. Please refer to our mattress page.
2) What are the exact components used in a Loom & Leaf Mattress? Organic cotton covering backed with hypoallergenic fibers, eco-friendly natural thistle which consists of wood pulp and a polyester bonding agent, cotton, eco-friendly foams of 30% soy and corn oil coupled with polyurethane and dacron, eco-friendly visco memory foam, rayon and Kevlar (TM) thread.
3) Can I receive an earlier time quote for my mattress? Our beds are manufactured fresh to order. On very rare occasions we may have a revision or a cancellation that will allow us to reconsign a freshly made sealed bed to another customer who may have ordered the same merchandise. This will result in a faster delivery. However, we can never guarantee this scenario on any specific order. Should you find yourself in a necessary hurry, where you absolutely need faster delivery, please call us 24/7 at 1-877-789-0451 . We’ll try to expedite.
4) Does the L&L mattress sleep warm? Our patented Loom & Leaf gel-on-gel design eliminates the possibility of sleeping hot. Our gel swirled layer of convoluted memory foam coupled with our cooling gel laminated on the center third portion allows for a cooler sleep as well as better air flow through your mattress.
5) Why is L&L less expensive than Tempur-Pedic? As an online-only retailer, we eliminate the costs and waste associated with the traditional mattress market, including rent, commissions, inventory inefficiency, and utilities.
6) Do your mattresses off-gas? We do "no" off gassing where we manufacture our products. There is a small amount of off gassing done at our suppliers facility where our foam is made. All our foams are strictly sourced in America and, we require all our foams to be stable when they are shipped to our manufacturing partners.
7) Are your mattresses 100% organic? We are not 100% organic because the cost of doing so is prohibitive to our customers. We do have a very strong green initiative, which means our foams are eco-friendly with at least 30% soy or corn oil. Additionally, we use natural thistle as a flame retardant, and our mattresses are wrapped in a luxurious organic cotton covering.
8) Are there natural markings on your organic cotton covering? As beautiful and healthy as 100% organic ticking is, it is impossible to avoid natural markings that might appear. They are a result of the organic cleansing process in finishing your product. We do not use chemicals to eradicate those natural markings. They are completely harmless and only affirm the use of healthy organic material.
9) What is the ILD of our foams..? ILD, or “Internal Load Deflection” describes the amount of pressure needed to create a 25% indentation into the foam. Our ILDs range from 14 to 44 lbs of pressure.
10) Are your mattresses flame retardant? Our mattresses and foundations are all flame retardant. We use a natural, thistle barrier. This is a eco-friendly fiber mesh made from mainly wood pulp and a small amount of our polyester bonding agent. This creates a flame retardant barrier without the use of harmful chemicals. There are no chemical sprays applied to our mattresses.
11) What are your foundations made of? Loom & Leaf foundations are made of North American Spruce, providing a durable platform style support system for the L&L mattress. They also contain our eco-friendly foams and are covered in our organic cotton.
12) Are you GMO-free? Our organic cotton covering is GMO-free by nature of the organic label. All of our eco-friendly foams have a derivative of soy as the renewable component. GMO-free soy is a specialty item which carries a premium in foodstuffs and is therefore not used in TDI or Polyol production of foam.
13) Can you use an electric blanket or heating pad with the mattress? You can use an electric mattress/heating pad with your mattress. Keep in mind that memory foam reacts to heat and pressure, so if the mattress pad is placed directly onto the mattress, the memory foam will react to the heat of electric pad, not your body. This can disrupt the memory foams ability to contour to your body. Longer periods of exposure to heat from an electric blanket or heating pad may damage the mattress.
14) How many factories manufacture for Loom & Leaf? The L&L mattress is hand-crafted in our 19 partner factories in the US, along with our 145 American fulfillment centers that deliver the L&L into your home. Each L&L mattress is built according to our strict proprietary specifications.
15) How long will your mattress last? Our mattresses are built to last 10 to 15 years with normal usage. Read our warranty here.
16) What mattresses compare to Loom & Leaf? Loom & Leaf is best compared to the quality level of iComfort and Tempur-pedic’s Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze. See the full comparison on our comparison page.
17) Are your mattresses compatible with Adjustable bed frames? Loom & Leaf mattresses are compatible with motorized adjustable bed frames.
18) Are the mattress dimensions listed 100% exact? Standard published finished sizes of our hand-crafted mattresses are estimated when measured from tape-to-tape in length and width. Actual dimensions may vary in total from standard finished sizes to allow for proper fitting of sheets and linens. Mattress heights may vary slightly due to the pre-compression of raw materials.
19) What are the dimensions of your mattresses?
- Twin Size Mattress 38" x 75"
- Twin XL Mattress 38" x 80"
- Full Size Mattress 54" x 75"
- Queen Size Mattress 60" x 80"
- King Size Mattress 76" x 80"
- California King Size Mattress 72" x 84"
20) Why do the heights vary slightly? The top portion of our mattresses are handcrafted. Our organic cotton cover is pulled and set in place by hand before it is sewn in. Additionally, when our eco-friendly foams are removed from their sealed bags, they need some time to settle to their final position. These factors can cause a very slight variation to the height.
21) I have a narrow staircase, and I'm interested in a queen set. I know your king sets come standard with a split foundation. Do you offer a split foundation for your queen sets? Yes. If you have a narrow staircase, we recommend ordering the split queen foundation, which has an additional charge of $35.00. There is absolutely no difference in feel between a regular foundation and a split foundation. Split foundations are made for delivery purposes only.
22) How high are the metal frames that the mattress and foundation sit on? Our metal frames are 7" high.
23) If we do purchase a metal frame, do your drivers set it up? Absolutely! Free delivery includes total set up and placement of your mattress set, including the metal frame.
24) Will a L&L mattress work on my existing box spring/foundation? We would generally recommend purchasing our entire system, both mattress and foundation. But if your box spring/foundation is in very good condition, meaning it's sturdy and has absolutely no sagging, it should work fine. Your mattress warranty remains in place even when using your foundation/ box spring.
25) Will the L&L mattress work on a platform? Loom & Leaf mattresses perform perfectly without a foundation on a platform bed that has a solid surface or horizontal slats that are spaced less than 4 inches apart with a proper center support.
26) What should I do with my old mattress? If you would like the delivery team to take your old mattress away we will gladly do so free of charge. Please fill in the check box next to "Mattress Removal" on our shop now page if you would like this removal service.
27) Are there stores where I can try out the mattress? We sell our mattresses directly through our website only. We don't believe trying a bed out for a few minutes in a store will determine how well you will sleep on it. This is proven by the horrific stories found online from people who have purchased mattresses at a store and were not happy with their choice. This common scenario results in a fight over exchange fees, restocking fees, penalty fees and additional pick up fees. At Loom & Leaf, we have a very friendly home trial, where the only cost you would be responsible for if you're not happy with our bed is the $99 transportation cost. No gimmicks, no nonsense. We offer several pages on our website where you can see our objective measures of comparison to understand the quality level and value we offer.
28) How does your 120 day return policy work? At L&L, we are all about luxury, value and convenience. From the day you receive your L&L mattress, you will have 120 days to sleep on it before you decide to keep it or not. (120 day trial begins on date of delivery, not date of purchase). If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our mattress, we will come pick it up and refund all your money excluding the $99 transportation cost. There will be no other charges whatsoever.
The Lineal™ Adjustable Base by Saatva:
1) How high is the Lineal Adjustable Base? The base is 15” tall with a standard leg height of 7”. The legs are adjustable from 6” to 10”, for available heights from 14” to 18”.
2) What are the measurements of the Lineal?
Twin – 38" x 75"
Twin XL – 38" x 80"
Full – 54" x 75"
Queen – 60" x 80"
King – 76" x 80" (comes as 2 pieces, so it may be split if desired)
California King – 72" x 84" (comes as 2 pieces, so it may be split if desired)
3) What mattresses are compatible with the Lineal? The Lineal will work with any mattress designed specifically for adjustable bases. Mattresses made for bases are designed to flex with the base without shifting the inner materials or weakening the structure. For a perfect pairing with the Lineal Adjustable Base, we recommend pairing with our mattress brands — our Loom & Leaf premium memory foam mattress, our Zenhaven all-natural latex mattress, or our Saatva Mattress 11.5" luxury innerspring.
4) Can I use my current bed frame?
The Lineal will fit inside most standard wood bed frames that are completely open with legs touching the floor. The Lineal base also works with a headboard, footboard and side rails. Lineal's legs adjust 6" – 10" to accommodate different frame styles. You can use the Lineal on most platform beds, but some slats may need to be removed depending on the particular bed frame.
5) How much does the base weigh?
Twin: 140 lbs
Twin XL: 147 lbs
Full: 175 lbs
Queen: 184 lbs
King (Split): 147 lbs per piece (2 pieces)
Cal King (Split): 140 lbs per piece (2 pieces)
6) Will the Lineal work with a foundation? No. Foundations and/or box springs do not work with adjustable bases because they do not bend. Lineal is designed to provide optimal support for your mattress without the need for a foundation or box spring, and can be adjusted to your height preference.
7) What does wall-hugging mean? Wall-hugging technology means that when you raise the head of your bed, your nightstands will still be within easy reach. The Lineal will simultaneously go up and back, to stay close to the back wall or headboard.
8) What is the zero-gravity position? The zero-gravity preset position on our adjustable bed base mimics the position astronauts take during liftoff, which eases the stress on their bodies as they escape Earth’s gravity. This position raises feet to the same level as the heart. People who have back pain or who would like to increase their circulation often find this position extremely relaxing.
9) The warranty says Leggett & Platt. Why? The Saatva Company partners with experts when it comes to sourcing and designing products. When designing the Lineal Adjustable Base, we decided to collaborate with Leggett & Platt because of its reputation and history of making high quality adjustable bases and their commitment to “Made-in-America” production. Should you experience a rare warranty issue, please call Leggett & Platt’s adjustable base experts at 1 (800) 888-3078 (MON - FRI: 8am – 8pm EST, SAT: 10am – 3pm EST). For troubleshooting assistance outside these hours, The Saatva Company's 24/7 concierge service is available at 1 (877) 672-2882.
10) Will you bring the Lineal into my home? Yes. We unbox and bring it into the room of your choice, as well as handle all assembly and setup for you.
11) If I order the Lineal and a mattress will they arrive on the same day? Yes, the Lineal will arrive with your mattress.
12) How do I schedule a delivery day and time? When your freshly-crafted merchandise is ready to be delivered, our delivery team will contact you to schedule a mutually agreed upon day. As your delivery day approaches, our delivery partner will call again the day before delivery and provide a 4-hour delivery window. Please make sure there is an adult, 18 or older, on the premises.
13) If we are late Our dispatcher will call you if our delivery team is running late and provide the option of rescheduling delivery for no additional fee. You will also have the option to cancel your order and will receive a full refund.
14) Will you remove my mattress and box spring/foundation? If you would like the delivery team to take your old mattress away we will gladly do so free of charge. Please fill in the check box next to "Mattress Removal" on our Shop Now page if you would like this removal service. Please note: Lineal will work with a wood bed frame. You do not need your metal frame if you buy the Lineal, however we do not remove frames of any kind.
15) If the Lineal arrives damaged Don’t worry — you have options. You can refuse to accept the base and receive a full refund. You can also accept the base, note the damage on the delivery ticket, and then contact us so we make arrangements to repair the base as soon as possible, for no charge.
16) If the Lineal won’t fit in your home Please measure the widths of your doorways, hallways, and stairwells before ordering to make sure we will be able to bring your Lineal base and/or companion mattress into your home. If the dimensions are too narrow, we will return the base and mattress to our facility and provide a refund, less the $99 transportation cost.